It has always been the Friends' first priority to assist Teesside Archives where the help was needed most. In the past, that has been in the provision of equipment, such as microfilm readers, for the public to use in the Search Room. As time has passed, the technology has become outdated and so the Friends have stepped in to help replace outdated computers.
Grants were also obtained for equipment used in the preservation of documents and special racking, costing £1250, for the safe storage of maps.
The society is run by a Committee of volunteer members, who are elected at the AGM in May each year. The Committee consists of four Officers and up to eight Ordinary members. A representative of Teesside Archives is invited to every meeting and the Committee can also co-opt members for limited periods of time where particular skills are needed. Committee meetings are held monthly except for August - you can find the minutes of these meetings here.
Our Honorary President and founder member is Jim Nicholson.
The current Committee membership is:
- Chairperson - Anne Clayton
- Secretary - Ron Goodwin
- Treasurer - Andrew Bousfield
- Membership Secretary - VACANT
- Events Organiser - VACANT
- Website Manager - David Joy
- Newsletter Editor - VACANT
- Fund Raising - VACANT
- Volunteer Coordinator - Anne Marshall
- Committee Member - David Parsons
- Committee Member - Andrew Bousfield
- Committee Member - Robert Blenkarn
- Committee Member - Stewart Ramsdale